Rosebud - Capel Sound - McCrae - Boneo - Fingal - Cape Schanck
Residential development forecasts assume the number of dwellings in Rosebud - Capel Sound - McCrae - Boneo - Fingal - Cape Schanck will increase by an average of 109 dwellings per annum to 16,957 in 2036.
The addition of dwellings to the housing stock is a major driver of population growth in an area, providing opportunities for households to relocate from other areas or new households to form locally (such as young people leaving the family home or separations/divorces).
Residential development can take various forms depending on the availability of land. These include new housing estates on greenfield sites, subdivision in existing residential neighbourhoods (often called infill development), conversion of industrial lands to residential lands, and densification of housing by building up.
.id's forecasters worked with Council planners to understand the likely development activity in each small area. This forms the development assumptions for the forecasts. This table shows the quantity of new development assumed in each small area in Mornington Peninsula Shire. Select each small area to see detailed assumptions.
List of forecast land developments and infill assumptions:
Dwelling counts for the period 2011 to 2016 have been adjusted to reflect Census results. Assumptions concerning development over the forecast period include:
- Potton Avenue - 22 dwellings (2012-2017)
- Peninsula Sands estate - 52 dwellings (2012-2018)
- Small unit development - 121 dwellings (2012-2018)
- Moonah Links Golf Course - remnant parcels - 153 dwellings (2012-2029)
- Cape Schank Resort & Golf Course - remnant parcels - 98 dwellings (2012-2031)
- 85 Elizabeth Avenue - 41 dwellings (2014-2018)
- Currawong Court - 24 dwellings (2016-2017)
- 12-23 Rosebud Parade - 65 dwellings (2016-2019)
- 9 Mount Arthur Avenue - 18 dwellings (2017)
- 189-191 Jetty Road - 10 dwellings (2017)
- 92 Elizabeth Avenue - 73 dwellings (2017-2022)
- 12-18 Leon Avenue - 18 dwellings (2018)
- 40-52 Elizabeth Drive Rosebud - 15 dwellings (2018-2020)
- Wagana Court - 59 dwellings (2018-2021)
- 29-43 Bayview Avenue - 123 dwellings (2019-2025)
- Small sites - 6 dwellings
- High level of vacant lot development (26-32 dwellings per annum)
- High level of infill development (30-57 dwellings per annum)