Former City of Botany Bay
Residential development forecasts assume the number of dwellings in Former City of Botany Bay will increase by an average of 538 dwellings per annum to 28,213 in 2036.
The addition of dwellings to the housing stock is a major driver of population growth in an area, providing opportunities for households to relocate from other areas or new households to form locally (such as young people leaving the family home or separations/divorces).
Residential development can take various forms depending on the availability of land. These include new housing estates on greenfield sites, subdivision in existing residential neighbourhoods (often called infill development), conversion of industrial lands to residential lands, and densification of housing by building up.
.id's forecasters worked with Council planners to understand the likely development activity in each small area. This forms the development assumptions for the forecasts. This table shows the quantity of new development assumed in each small area in the Bayside Council. Select each small area to see detailed assumptions.
List of forecast land assumptions by small area 2016-2036:
- Mascot Station Precinct - 4,294 additional dwellings
- Botany - Banksmeadow - 2,242 additional dwellings
- Hillsdale - Eastgardens - 2,456 additional dwellings
- Mascot Station Precinct and Environs - 1,041 additional dwellings
- Eastlakes - 494 additional dwellings
- Mascot - Outside Precincts - 119 additional dwellings
- Pagewood - 75 additional dwellings
- Rosebery - 36 additional dwellings
- Daceyville - 4 additional dwellings