Murrumbateman & District
Residential development forecasts assume the number of dwellings in Murrumbateman & District will increase by an average of 55 dwellings per annum to 2,429 in 2036.
The addition of dwellings to the housing stock is a major driver of population growth in an area, providing opportunities for households to relocate from other areas or new households to form locally (such as young people leaving the family home or separations/divorces).
Residential development can take various forms depending on the availability of land. These include new housing estates on greenfield sites, subdivision in existing residential neighbourhoods (often called infill development), conversion of industrial lands to residential lands, and densification of housing by building up.
.id's forecasters worked with Council planners to understand the likely development activity in each small area. This forms the development assumptions for the forecasts. This table shows the quantity of new development assumed in each small area in the Yass Valley Council area. Select each small area to see detailed assumptions.
List of forecast land developments and infill assumptions:
Dwelling counts for 2016 have been adjusted to reflect Census results. Specific assumptions from 2017 onwards:
- Jiparu Murrumbateman - 24 dwellings (2017-2020)
- Merryville Estate - 11 dwellings (2017-2022)
- Fairley Estate - 108 dwellings (2017-2025)
- Merryville Park Estate Residual - 32 dwellings (2019-2030)
- Murrumbateman Future Large Lot Development - 32 dwellings (2020-2035)
- Scrubby Lane Large Lot Residential - 53 dwellings (2020-2036)
- Murrumbateman Village Expansion - 75 dwellings (2021-2030)
- Isabel Drive Residential Land - 93 dwellings (2021-2034)
- Murrumbateman Potential Future Urban - 320 dwellings (2022-2036)
- Murrumbateman Village Expansion (East) - 30 dwellings (2022-2036)
- Ballerina Park - 20 dwellings (2027-2036)
- Yass River Large Lot Residential - 14 dwellings (2028-2034)
- Moderate level of infill development (13-15 dwellings per annum)