Wyndham Vale North
Residential development forecasts assume the number of dwellings in Wyndham Vale North will increase by an average of 398 dwellings per annum to 11,311 in 2041.
The addition of dwellings to the housing stock is a major driver of population growth in an area, providing opportunities for households to relocate from other areas or new households to form locally (such as young people leaving the family home or separations/divorces).
Residential development can take various forms depending on the availability of land. These include new housing estates on greenfield sites, subdivision in existing residential neighbourhoods (often called infill development), conversion of industrial lands to residential lands, and densification of housing by building up.
.id's forecasters worked with Council planners to understand the likely development activity in each small area. This forms the development assumptions for the forecasts. This table shows the quantity of new development assumed in each small area in the City of Wyndham. Select each small area to see detailed assumptions.
List of forecast land developments and infill assumptions:
2017 dwelling additions are based on building approvals, lagged by 12-18 months. From 2016 onwards:
- Belle Meade Estate - 32 dwellings (2017-2020)
- Jubilee Estate - 3,653 dwellings (2017-2035)
- Rosedale Place dwellings - 24 dwellings (2018)
- Wynbrook Estate - 558 dwellings (2019-2026)
- Savana Estate - 693 dwellings (2019-2029)
- College Fields Estate - 205 dwellings (2020-2026)
- The Glen Estate - 220 dwellings (2021-2027)
- The Gem Estate - 159 dwellings (2023-2028)
- 357 McGraths Road - 10 dwellings (2024)
- Lot 18 Wollahra Rise Potential Site - 190 dwellings (2024-2029)
- Lot 15 Wollahra Rise - 220 dwellings (2025-2031)
- Ballan Road site - 66 dwellings (2026-2029)
- Jubilee Estate Higher Density - 527 dwellings (2028-2037)
- Wyndham Ballan Rd PSP - 2,787 dwellings (2028-2041)
- Wyndham Ballan Rd PSP - medium density housing - 84 dwellings (2032-2036)
- 600 McGrath Rd Future Potential Site - 990 dwellings (2033-2041)
- Low level of infill (1 dwelling per annum)