St Georges Basin - Basin View
Residential development forecasts assume the number of dwellings in St Georges Basin - Basin View will increase by an average of 36 dwellings per annum to 3,110 in 2041.
The addition of dwellings to the housing stock is a major driver of population growth in an area, providing opportunities for households to relocate from other areas or new households to form locally (such as young people leaving the family home or separations/divorces).
Residential development can take various forms depending on the availability of land. These include new housing estates on greenfield sites, subdivision in existing residential neighbourhoods (often called infill development), conversion of industrial lands to residential lands, and densification of housing by building up.
.id's forecasters worked with Council planners to understand the likely development activity in each small area. This forms the development assumptions for the forecasts. This table shows the quantity of new development assumed in each small area in Shoalhaven City. Select each small area to see detailed assumptions.
List of forecast land developments and infill assumptions:
2017 dwelling additions are based on building approvals, lagged by 12-18 months. From 2016 onwards:
- Basin Shores - 29 dwellings (2017-2020)
- Aveo Island Point Retirement Village - 89 dwellings (2017-2024)
- St Georges Basin - Future Urban - 55 dwellings (2019-2023)
- Basin View Future Urban - 150 dwellings (2023-2041)
- St Georges Basin Island Point Road - Village Centre - 120 dwellings (2026-2032)
- Nebraska Estate - 15 dwellings (2027-2041)
- Proposed Mixed Use Development - 195 dwellings (2028-2041)
- Low level of infill (10 dwellings per annum)