Residential development forecasts assume the number of dwellings in Diamond Creek will increase by an average of 61 dwellings per annum to 5,393 in 2036.
The addition of dwellings to the housing stock is a major driver of population growth in an area, providing opportunities for households to relocate from other areas or new households to form locally (such as young people leaving the family home or separations/divorces).
Residential development can take various forms depending on the availability of land. These include new housing estates on greenfield sites, subdivision in existing residential neighbourhoods (often called infill development), conversion of industrial lands to residential lands, and densification of housing by building up.
.id's forecasters worked with Council planners to understand the likely development activity in each small area. This forms the development assumptions for the forecasts. This table shows the quantity of new development assumed in each small area in Nillumbik Shire. Select each small area to see detailed assumptions.
Dwelling counts for 2016 have been adjusted to reflect Census results. Specific assumptions from 2017 onwards:
- David Hockney Drive subdivision - 16 dwellings (2013-2021)
- Paralote Valley - 10 dwellings (2012-2019)
- Diamond Grove Estate - 23 dwellings (2018-2025)
- Diamond Ridge Estate - 23 dwellings (2016-2024)
- Everleigh Views Estate - 29 dwellings (2015-2025)
- Glenview Estate - 115 dwellings (2015-2028)
- Kingfisher Hills Estate - 14 dwellings (2012-2025)
- Rangeview Estate - 12 dwellings (2012-2029)
- 50 Fraser Street - 18 dwellings (2021-2026)
- 61-119 Grassy Flat Road - 17 dwellings (2018-2023)
- Collard Rise - 52 dwellings (2019-2028)
- Gellibrand - 16 dwellings (2018)
- Jewels Estate - 25 dwellings (2019-2025)
- Magenta Rise Subdivision - 13 dwellings (2019-2023)
- Wattle Ridge Estate - 28 dwellings (2019-2027)
- Future development in zoned areas - 354 dwellings (2023-2036)
- 13 Old Aqueduct Road - 18 dwellings (2025)
- 291 Aqueduct Road - 27 dwellings (2021-2026)
- 328 Diamond Creek Road - 12 dwellings (2024)
- 396 Ryans Road - 17 dwellings (2023-2026)
- Henry Arthur Estate - 56 dwellings (2026-2036)
- Low to high level of infill development (10-36 dwellings per annum)