Melton South (Existing)
Residential development forecasts assume the number of dwellings in Melton South (Existing) will increase by an average of 55 dwellings per annum to 5,949 in 2051.
The addition of dwellings to the housing stock is a major driver of population growth in an area, providing opportunities for households to relocate from other areas or new households to form locally (such as young people leaving the family home or separations/divorces).
Residential development can take various forms depending on the availability of land. These include new housing estates on greenfield sites, subdivision in existing residential neighbourhoods (often called infill development), conversion of industrial lands to residential lands, and densification of housing by building up.
.id's forecasters worked with Council planners to understand the likely development activity in each small area. This forms the development assumptions for the forecasts. This table shows the quantity of new development assumed in each small area in the City of Melton. Select each small area to see detailed assumptions.
List of forecast land developments and infill assumptions:
2017 dwelling additions are based on building approvals, lagged by 12-18 months. From 2016 onwards:
- Daniel & Grace Units - 14 dwellings (2017)
- Belle Gardens Estate - 130 dwellings (2017-2023)
- Iqra Village - 75 dwellings (2017-2029)
- Maplewood Estate - 544 dwellings (2017-2031)
- 15 Crestmont Drive - 10 dwellings (2020-2021)
- Bridge Road - 70 dwellings (2021-2026)
- 13 Staughton Street - 12 dwellings (2022)
- Brentine Aged Care Facility Redevelopment - 21 dwellings (2022)
- Orchard Green - 400 dwellings (2022-2033)
- 44 Coburns Road - 78 dwellings (2025-2029)
- Toolern PSP - 111 dwellings (2034-2041)
- Moderate level of infill (12-14 dwellings per annum)