South West Rocks - Jerseyville
Residential development forecasts assume the number of dwellings in South West Rocks - Jerseyville will increase by an average of 71 dwellings per annum to 4,519 in 2036.
The addition of dwellings to the housing stock is a major driver of population growth in an area, providing opportunities for households to relocate from other areas or new households to form locally (such as young people leaving the family home or separations/divorces).
Residential development can take various forms depending on the availability of land. These include new housing estates on greenfield sites, subdivision in existing residential neighbourhoods (often called infill development), conversion of industrial lands to residential lands, and densification of housing by building up.
.id's forecasters worked with Council planners to understand the likely development activity in each small area. This forms the development assumptions for the forecasts. This table shows the quantity of new development assumed in each small area in Kempsey Shire. Select each small area to see detailed assumptions.
List of forecast land developments and infill assumptions:
Dwelling counts for 2016 have been adjusted to reflect Census results. Specific assumptions from 2017 onwards:
- Yulgiibar Place residual - 15 dwellings (2012-2015)
- Links View Close - 18 dwellings (2012-2017)
- Sea Change Estate and Mango Tree Estate (Tallowwood Pl/Racemosa Circuit); - 31 dwellings (2012-2020)
- The Rocks Village - 51 dwellings (2012-2030)
- Seascape Grove (Rosedale Ave/Belle O'Connor St) - 98 dwellings (2012-2031)
- Seascape East (SQRUIA 4) - 129 dwellings (2014-2036)
- Saltwater - South West Rocks - 553 dwellings (2015-2036)
- Old School Site (19 Gregory Street) - 29 dwellings (2017-2018)
- The Coast South West Rocks development - 217 dwellings (2018-2036)
- Parkview Estate - 43 dwellings (2020-2036)
- Settler's Ridge - 103 dwellings (2020-2036)
- Bruce Field Street - future potential - 15 dwellings (2021-2027)
- Lot 3 South West Rocks Road - 21 dwellings (2022-2033)
- Gothic Street New Residential Area (SWRUIA 3) - 26 dwellings (2023-2036)
- Caltex Site (SWRUIA 5) - 22 dwellings (2024-2035)
- Shell Site (SWRUIA 2) - 36 dwellings (2025-2036)
- Small sites - 9 dwellings (2016-2024)
- Low level of Infill development (2-7 dwellings per annum)