Residential development forecasts assume the number of dwellings in Ashfield (South) will increase by an average of 101 dwellings per annum to 6,601 in 2036.
The addition of dwellings to the housing stock is a major driver of population growth in an area, providing opportunities for households to relocate from other areas or new households to form locally (such as young people leaving the family home or separations/divorces).
Residential development can take various forms depending on the availability of land. These include new housing estates on greenfield sites, subdivision in existing residential neighbourhoods (often called infill development), conversion of industrial lands to residential lands, and densification of housing by building up.
.id's forecasters worked with Council planners to understand the likely development activity in each small area. This forms the development assumptions for the forecasts. This table shows the quantity of new development assumed in each small area in the Inner West Council area. Select each small area to see detailed assumptions.
Dwelling counts for 2016 have been adjusted to reflect Census results. Assumptions concerning development over the forecast period include:
- 146 Liverpool Road (Future Potential) - 53 dwellings (2029-2031)
- 15-17 Hercules Street - 23 dwellings (2019)
- 183 - 217A Liverpool Street - 40 dwellings (2026-2033)
- 196 Liverpool Road (Future Potential) - 50 dwellings (2026-2028)
- 2-12 Murrell Street - 80 dwellings (2024-2027)
- 317 Liverpool Road - 28 dwellings (2021)
- 371-377 Liverpool Road - 50 dwellings (2017)
- 379-381 Liverpool Road - 66 dwellings (2020-2021)
- 381 Liverpool Road (Future Potential) - 60 dwellings (2028-2029)
- 425 Liverpool Road - 42 dwellings (2017)
- 55 Norton Street - 28 dwellings (2012)
- 73-75 Norton Street - 49 dwellings (2032-2033)
- 75 Milton Street - 10 dwellings (2021)
- Ashfield Mall Redevelopment - 101 dwellings (2020-2021)
- Cardinal Freeman Village - Victoria Precinct (Stage 3) - 61 dwellings (2023)
- Cardinal Freeman Village - Village Green Precinct (Stage 2) - 28 dwellings (2017)
- Crown Ashfield - 79 dwellings (2016)
- Diamond Grand Apartments - 99 dwellings (2023)
- Ella - 46 dwellings (2020)
- Hurlstone Park Enterprise Zone - 200 dwellings (2023-2032)
- Liverpool Road West (Future Potential) - 190 dwellings (2029-2036)
- Lumina Apartments - 61 dwellings (2017)
- New B4 zone - 128 dwellings (2024-2029)
- Serenity at Ashfield - 55 dwellings (2021)
- The Village - Ashfield Baptist Homes - 53 dwellings (2020-2022)
- Thomas St Units - 40 dwellings (2022)
- Victoria St Units - One Victoria - 62 dwellings (2017)
- Low to moderate level of infill development (5-14 dwellings per annum)