Sunbury (West - Langama)
Residential development forecasts assume the number of dwellings in Sunbury (West - Langama) will increase by an average of 177 dwellings per annum to 9,263 in 2041.
The addition of dwellings to the housing stock is a major driver of population growth in an area, providing opportunities for households to relocate from other areas or new households to form locally (such as young people leaving the family home or separations/divorces).
Residential development can take various forms depending on the availability of land. These include new housing estates on greenfield sites, subdivision in existing residential neighbourhoods (often called infill development), conversion of industrial lands to residential lands, and densification of housing by building up.
.id's forecasters worked with Council planners to understand the likely development activity in each small area. This forms the development assumptions for the forecasts. This table shows the quantity of new development assumed in each small area in Hume City. Select each small area to see detailed assumptions.
List of forecast land developments and infill assumptions:
Dwelling counts for 2016 have been adjusted to reflect Census results. Specific assumptions from 2017 onwards include:
- Precinct 14 - Millett Residential - 1,268 dwellings (2017-2029)
- Precinct 12 - Barrington Lane - 403 dwellings (2020-2041)
- Sunbury West Precinct Structure Plan (PSP 1095) - 1,730 dwellings (2024-2041)
- Sunbury Development Area 5b (West) - 500 dwellings (2027-2041)
- Moderate to high level of infill development assumed (6-28 dwellings per annum)