Greenvale - Oaklands Junction - Yuroke
Residential development forecasts assume the number of dwellings in Greenvale - Oaklands Junction - Yuroke will increase by an average of 207 dwellings per annum to 10,267 in 2041.
The addition of dwellings to the housing stock is a major driver of population growth in an area, providing opportunities for households to relocate from other areas or new households to form locally (such as young people leaving the family home or separations/divorces).
Residential development can take various forms depending on the availability of land. These include new housing estates on greenfield sites, subdivision in existing residential neighbourhoods (often called infill development), conversion of industrial lands to residential lands, and densification of housing by building up.
.id's forecasters worked with Council planners to understand the likely development activity in each small area. This forms the development assumptions for the forecasts. This table shows the quantity of new development assumed in each small area in Hume City. Select each small area to see detailed assumptions.
List of forecast land developments and infill assumptions:
Dwelling counts for 2016 have been adjusted to reflect Census results. Specific assumptions from 2017 onwards include:
- Providence Estate - 81 dwellings (2017-2020)
- The Pinnacle (Greenvale Lakes) - 21 dwellings (2017-2022)
- Shannon Rise - 28 dwellings (2017-2023)
- Linlithgow Way - 36 dwellings (2017-2026)
- 945-1085 Mickleham Road site - 821 dwellings (2017-2024)
- Aspect Greenvale - 428 dwellings (2017-2023)
- Umbra (Mickleham Road) - 112 dwellings (2017-2020)
- Providence Road Subdivision - 39 dwellings (2017-2021)
- Umbra (Somerton Road) - 167 dwellings (2018-2022)
- Greenvale North Structure Plan - Mt Aitken Neighbourhood - 771 dwellings (2018-2028)
- Greenvale South Future Urban - 1,440 dwellings (2020-2035)
- Greenvale (North) UGA - 293 dwellings (2021-2027)
- Woodlands Precinct Structure Plan Area - 64 dwellings (2021-2034)
- Long-term greenfield (North-East) - 700 dwellings (2022-2041)
- Greenvale North Future Urban - 140 dwellings (2024-2028)
- Low level of infill development (1 dwelling per annum)