Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area
Residential development forecasts assume the number of dwellings in Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area will increase by an average of 415 dwellings per annum to 32,563 in 2036.
The addition of dwellings to the housing stock is a major driver of population growth in an area, providing opportunities for households to relocate from other areas or new households to form locally (such as young people leaving the family home or separations/divorces).
Residential development can take various forms depending on the availability of land. These include new housing estates on greenfield sites, subdivision in existing residential neighbourhoods (often called infill development), conversion of industrial lands to residential lands, and densification of housing by building up.
.id's forecasters worked with Council planners to understand the likely development activity in each small area. This forms the development assumptions for the forecasts. This table shows the quantity of new development assumed in each small area in the Canberra Region Joint Organisation. Select each small area to see detailed assumptions.
Principal forecast land assumptions 2016-2036:
- Braidwood - 256 additional dwellings
- Bungendore - 743 additional dwellings
- Captains Flat - Hoskinstown - Primrose Valley - Rural East - 269 additional dwellings
- Carwoola - Greenleigh - The Ridgeway - 238 additional dwellings
- Crestwood - 413 additional dwellings
- Googong - 4,557 additional dwellings
- Jerrabomberra - 48 additional dwellings
- Karabar - 100 additional dwellings
- Queanbeyan - 577 additional dwellings
- Queanbeyan East - 346 additional dwellings
- Queanbeyan West - 66 additional dwellings
- Royalla - Burra - 89 additional dwellings
- Tralee - Environa - 1,956 additional dwellings
- Wamboin - Bywong - Sutton - 87 additional dwellings